A financial review is the first step we take to help you grow and protect your wealth. In a financial review our financial advisors take time to understand your circumstances and objectives, and assess whether we can be of assistance to you.
We'll work with you to provide solutions to your financial planning needs, structuring and selecting investments from a wide range of independent financial services providers. We'll also typically discuss your estate planning with a view to gaining an understanding of your succession planning requirements and perhaps being able to add value in the preservation of your wealth through intergenerational planning.
Of course, we’ll discuss risk – a complex subject at the best of times, but one that you will need to get to grips with.
When you book a financial review with us, you'll typically get:
- Expert advice - from a specialist in financial planning and investment management
- A comprehensive report - with details of investment, retirement and financial planning solutions tailored to your specific circumstances
- Impartial recommendations - backed by API’s independent investment research partners
- A personalised investment portfolio - based on your financial objectives and risk requirements.
A financial review usually takes about an hour. It's a chance for us to get to know you - and for you to get to know us before you make any investment decisions.
During your financial review you'll have a confidential discussion with a financial advisor about a range of things, including:
- Information about our company and the way we approach financial planning and investment management – so that you can get a good feel for us and whether we are in fact right for you.
- your financial circumstances and objectives
- what your plans are for retirement
- investment risk and your level of knowledge and experience of investments
- relevant tax and estate planning considerations
After your financial review your financial advisor will spend time considering appropriate solutions to your needs. Your advisor will research the options and draw on offerings from different financial service providers.
To help them in their research, API advisors have access to market reports and analysis compiled by a team of independent experts appointed by API to partner us in this specific field of expertise and with whom we have a close ongoing relationship.
Your financial advisor will compile a detailed report for you to address your requirements and propose solutions. We will arrange a second appointment with you so that your advisor can take you through this report and you can discuss it with him.Once you have had a chance to consider the content of the financial report and if you are happy with the recommendations, we'll arrange to put it in place. If you decide you don't want to proceed, you are not under any pressure to go ahead.
Your financial report sets out the financial planning solutions recommended by your financial advisor, with the relevant details, including risks and charges associated with it.
The recommendations in your report could include:
- savings and investments that will address your various financial objectives
- retirement solutions designed to address your proposed lifestyle when you stop work
- opportunities to take advantage of the potential tax benefits
- estate planning solutions tailored to meet your individual objectives, and mechanisms to reduce estate duty or other taxes otherwise payable on death.
As part of our wealth management service, we provide regular quarterly updates and an annual review of your portfolio - to check that your investments remain in line with your objectives and attitude to risk.If your circumstances change, your financial advisor will review your portfolio and recommend ways to keep your financial plan aligned with your requirements. You can also discuss your portfolio with your financial advisor whenever you want.